Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My Ranking System

As I went through (and still am) going through my horde of Gaki episodes, I decided to through them all in a spreadsheet, and give a brief description of the episode and a rating for the episode as a whole.
After talking to some of my friends about my cataloging efforts, I realized that my rating system makes NO SENSE, at least to them. My scale is from 1 to 10 stars, with 1 being the worst rating. Normal people would then s However, as to not confuse you, the reader, I shall explain with a rubric.



1 star - A video rated with a one will be incredibly rare, especially for a show like Gaki no Tsukai. A one-star video is physically painful to watch, has no entertainment value and would generally make me want to assassinate whoever made the show.

2-4 star - A two-star video is fairly boring. It's nothing more than a waste of a few minutes. It's one of those things makes you wonder if your time was better spent. A four-star video is fairly entertaining, but still could use some improvement or generally did not quite meet up to the potential of the premise for the show.

5-7 star - These are the good videos. A five-star show will have you laughing and/or make you think the whole way through. The premise is well thought out, and executed well. Seven-star videos are rolling on the floor hilarious, and are generally what dreams are made of. It's what people would describe as "excellent."

So at this point, you may be thinking "Wait... Seven-stars is excellent? What about the other three levels above that? Shouldn't 'excellent' be about a 9 or so?" Not to me. In essence, my scale runs from 1 to 7, with anything above that going somewhere into the "epic" and "ZomgThatWasJustTooAmazing.WhyHasn'tMyHeadExplodedYet?" territory. Hopefully now that makes some sense to you. It'll start making more sense once I actually start reviewing videos, hopefully. Just thought I'd straighten that out beforehand. Episode reviews on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment