Monday, May 18, 2009

Producer Nakamura's Shichihenge!

So, I've been laid up with a cold all weekend, so I am sorry I wasn't able to get you your weekly dose of Gaki on Sunday, like I usually do. But, I managed to fight through the medication-induced mental fog and subtitle a small portion of an episode. I'm glad it's so short, since you'd probably still be waiting on it if it wasn't. I plan to cover the talk portion of this episode later. Just not now. My head hurts.

Being so sick, I'm not going to talk much. I'm just going to put the video after the jump and let you enjoy it.






So, the first five gags are pretty self-explanatory. They are:
1) Nipple shirt
2) Monkey dance
3) Tranny hair-check
4) Superhero Hustle
5) Shake the pudding

The sixth one is a streak of impressions. The first impression he does is of impressionist Hori. Nakamura does a great impression of a great impressionist. Does that mean that by transitive property Nakamura is a great impressionist? Okay, I realize that I'm sick. I'll stop trying to be funny now. *sigh*

And if you've been following along, you'll notice that despite Shichihenge meaning "SEVEN apparitions", we only get to see 6, just like with Yamazaki. It makes you wonder juat what that last gag was. It looks like it was in the beginning half, because Hamada said he had 4 left after the second one. Maybe that was Hamada's way of saying that he can't stand 5 more, so he limits him to 4?

I'm going to hold off on rating this episode, because the opener was somewhat boring, but the talk segment is very funny. We get to see Hamada joke it up a bit and be the one telling the funny story. I'll put it up later. Wish me well. *sneeze sniffle sniffle*

5 comments:

  1. In the 6th one, I think he did Kinpachi Sensei (from a very popular drama series) impression.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinpachi-sensei

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I was going to add that in. The first part is definitely an impression of Hori, I believe, with the second part being Kinpachi-sensei. Having dealt with problems the entire drama, I'm pretty sure that "You look down" line is a direct quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It goes the other way. Hori does an impression of Tetsuya Takeda, who has played a role of Kinpachi for 20 years. Mr. Takeda has very long hair during 80's, about the first sub-series of Kimpachi series (It's been 8 series now).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that I'm off of medication, you're right. Hori didn't even get very popular or do an impression of Takeda until much later. This episode was in 1999, I believe. See what medication does to you?

    Anyways, I feel better now, and would like to thank you, Rocky, for your keen eye and actually reading these semi-crappy reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey blackgaki i understand how your feeling... i also have a cold at the moment... anyways great subs!

    ReplyDelete