Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Matsumoto Week: A Salute to Hitoshi Matsumoto!

The results are in and the BlackGaki readers have decided, with 54% of the total votes, that Matsumoto is most lovable member!

* Handclaps, confetti and fanfare! *

So, this week is dedicated to Macchan! I tried to pick just one episode to show off Matsumoto, but when I couldn't I just went and picked 4 or 5. That means, that I will be bringing you Matsumoto related releases ALL WEEK! Not necessarily every day, but every other day or so. So be sure to check back for more! It's going to be a proverbial Matsumoto festival! (Hmm... Festival... "Matsuri"... Matsumoto... Matsumotori?!)

You don't really have to read after the jump. It's just some random factoids on Matsumoto. Had to put something after it. *shrug*

Also, other general housekeeping:
- I have done some updating on the "General Request Page" and removed some of the older comments. I've also figured out how to move the post some, but it may break the links to it in other posts, I may have to fiddle around with that. I'll try to keep it somewhere on the front page, so it is easy to find.

- I'm cooking up some new polls for you guys to participate in, just haven't gotten around to actually making them. Keep an eye out for those.

- I'm planning on introducing some sort of "Midweek Comedy Break!" segment, that will feature SHORT clips (i.e. not whole episodes) of other funny shows, most likely shows featuring Downtown or Cocorico. (GNT is Yamazaki's only regular show, so he doesn't get much other airtime. Ha!)


Hitoshi Matsumoto is quite obviously the best person to ever walk the face of the planet Earth... EVAR!

Okay, but honestly, hrm... some factoids I can list off the top of my head that most Gaki fans might not know...

- He WAS known for not wanting to have kids, because children would get between him and his wife's relationship. On other shows that he appears on, they often try to set him up with women. He's gotten married now, and having a baby with Ihara Rin, who was a newscaster.

- Usually speaks in Kansai dialect, as he is from the Kansai region. (Semi-duh.)

- He quit smoking in 2003. He never really gives a reason why he did it. Even so, he doesn't push other Gaki members to stop.

- Once had a dog named Peru.

- Is partly responsible for the comedy group now known as "Summers" changing it's name.

- Along with Hamada, currently hosts NUMEROUS televisions shows and hosted several with Hamada in the past. (Two of my favorites, Lincoln and Gottsu Ee Kanji, may make an appearance on here from time to time.)

Hrm, I can't think of many other interesting things about him that you couldn't find on Wikipedia or the like. Anyone else have some they want to share?
*AH! I've got one more. Let me check the episode to make sure I get the name right*

3 comments:

  1. He actually got married last month and will be having his first kid this year. His wife is 19 years younger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hrm... Yes, anonymous. Looks like you're right. He got Ihara Rin knocked up. Well then...

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOray.. at last... Macchan.. decided to get married.... hamada always.. teas him.. why he didn want get married... hamachan use it to laugh macchan in gaki game in newspaper office....


    HORAY to Macchan....

    One more thing....
    I Hope... gaki team would visit.. our country here in Philippines particularly in Cebu...

    ReplyDelete