Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Friendly Being 2

Due to more technical difficulties, I was not able to get my release out of Sunday. I thought I'd solved my video splitting problem, but those videos don't work in my subtitler. So I'm either off to find a new video splitter capable of splitting all the files I have, or I'm off to find a new subtitling program.

Anyways, I've managed to get you this week's BBB. This skit involves Hamada playing a business man who frequents a certain hotel on his trips. In his first visit, he was introduced to a friendly spirit, played by Matsumoto, who loves to play games and have fun with guests.

This is their second encounter and Hamada makes it known that he doesn't mind the haunted room.

I personally love moments like these shown in this clip. Sometimes Matsumoto's over-the-top personality even surprises Hamada, and they've been working together for years. The skits on Gottsu Ee Kanji are very special in that there's usually no completely solid script for the skits they do in studio. Usually someone starts laughing in an inappropriate place or someone gets hit. You can see that both Hamada and Matsumoto love toying with each other sometimes. Although they don't hang around each other in their spare time, they do seem to enjoy the time the spend working as a comedy team. You can't really ask for more than that.



And in what's becoming a usual around here: The BBB Topic of discussion! Um. . . Talk about your most memorable hotel experiences.

For me, it had to be my trip to Mexico when I was little. I was not used to geckos, but apparently they are pretty common in the Mexico. The outside of the hotel was covered in them. Okay, that was heavy exaggeration, but there were a few of them. Being foreigners, my family didn't really know about them, and freaked out whenever we saw one. The staff at the hotel, being Mexican natives, looked at us like we were wimpy idiots but tried to assure us that geckos were completely harmless and pose no threat. So we just figured we'd stay in our rooms when not sight-seeing, and we'd see as few geckos as possible. So the first night, after a long day of delayed flights and such, my father and I both laid down to go to sleep. The layout of the room should be fairly familiar: It's two beds with a nightstand in between with a lamp on it, all along a wall. Like this, with B being a bed and N being the nightstand:
____
B N B

My father and I both laid down facing the nightstand, and as soon as we did, we saw about 9 geckos clinging onto the back of the nightstand staring back at us. Needless to say that a 10-year old boy and a grown man have never shrieked so loudly in the history of Mexican tourism.

9 comments:

  1. I'm very sorry for my ignorance, but i'm new here, and I keep reading you saying subs but I can't see them in the videos. What am I doing wrong? Again, sorry ^^.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This video put a big banana smile on my face :)

    As far as hotel visits go, I have an embarassing memory from one as a kid. I was staying in a pretty nice hotel with my father as part of some family getaway for the management at his company. There were maybe half a dozen other kids around my age staying for the same thing, but I had never met any of them before the trip. Anyway, I remember taking a shower in my room after getting out of the pool and, since I thought I was alone, busting out a few tunes. Not long after I turn the water off, I hear murmurs outside the bathroom, only to find 4 of my peers I had known for about an hour total laughing their asses off at my impromptu concert.

    In retrospect, it was such a minor thing, but for whatever reason I've remembered that for about 15 years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teacher Etty: Don't worry. Nothing ignorant. I put the subtitles in captions, instead of hard-coding it into the video itself. You can turn on captions in the lower right hand corner of the video by pressing that triangular button, then choosing 'CC', then 'English'.

    Anonymous: That is pretty embarrassing. There's one thing that I don't get: where was this shower? Hopefully it wasn't in your room. If it was, who let them in without you knowing? o.O

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't even think that was Hamada and Matsumoto until near the end of the video. X(

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks a lot again!! :D
    anyway, for your subs you could use Subtitle Workshop, wich is simple, or Aegisub, wich is more rich in options and very good software.
    Btw, are you subbing some skits from the gottsu ee kanji best DVD?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mysö: I always liked the costumes that they used in Gottsu Ee Kanji. They had some really good costume and make-up artists, but appeared to do a good job if they were given a small budget.

    Felipe: I'm currently using Subtitle Workshop. They problem really isn't with the software itself, but with the compatibility with the video format which the file splitter outputs video in. Like I said, I'm going to keep looking. I've got a fair amount of files in that I can't split or subtitle as of current, due to limitations. Getting this all sorted out now would save me a lot of hair-pulling later on. (Figuratively, as my hair is too short to grab)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see. Then you should try Aegisub! i'm using it just recently and it's very reliable. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love this =) thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. its no longer there! can you upload again?

    ReplyDelete